ALLIED SOUTER & JAFFREY
Founded in 1951, Souter & Jaffrey have made a significant contribution to the building industry within the Highlands and also to the transformation of the Highland Capital; Inverness from a medium sized provincial town into it’s 21st-century city status.
For more than 50 years the Partners, Directors and staff of the firm have provided the technical expertise on a many of the most prestigious building projects undertaken in Inverness and throughout the Highlands and Islands, including Eden Court Theatre.
One of the founders, Jim Jaffrey, recognised at an early date the potential advantages of information technology, and installed a system in the mid 1980’s that has given valuable service to many of the firms clients ever since. Ongoing investment in IT has, of course, continued and the firm today operates most of the industry standard Microsoft packages.
The original family nature of the firm has been successfully married with the demanding nature of the modern business environment, always backed by belief that growth from within the organisation optimises continuity of service and encourages personal development, resulting in staff commitment and high quality output to clients.
Richard Smith, the Managing Director, joined the firm in 1970. Angus Gunn, now in charge of the Elgin office, joined the Board of Directors in 2001, having started with the firm in the 1980’s.
New Associate Directors Helen Matheson,Keith Campbell and Andy Gray were appointed in 2015.